The Downtown San Diego neighborhoods offer a vibrant, relaxed, convenient urban atmosphere, with something for every lifestyle. The Downtown San Diego Community is located in central San Diego and is the true heart of the city. Known as one of the best cities in America, the Downtown San Diego Community is separated into 8 distinct neighborhoods; each offering their own unique appeal.
The Downtown San Diego Neighborhoods:
- Banker’s Hill – Located on the northern edge of Downtown San Diego, Bankers hill is residential area with Victorian mansions, single family homes and urban style condos. Residence of Bankers Hill love communities proximity to Balboa Park, Hillcrest to the north and Little Italy to the South. Learn More About Bankers Hill
- East Village – One of downtown’s newest redeveloped neighborhoods, East Village is home to the San Diego Padres Stadium (Petco Park). East Village’s young and hip community enjoy upscale apartments, local taverns and bars. 2+ bedroom homes are very popular in East Village, especially for first time homeowners and investors.
- Core District – Located in the center of downtown San Diego, the Core District offers Historic apartments have been converted to beautiful condominiums and newly constructed lofts, condos, and townhomes are sprinkled around the downtown area.
- Columbia is downtown San Diego’s affluent, high-rise community. It is located right on the downtown riverfront, along with commercial properties.
- The Gaslight Quarter is a tourist’s haven and its residents reside in luxury lofts and condos, high above the center of downtown.
- Little Italy is one of the most sought after communities in downtown San Diego. Just uptown from the downtown nightlife, the Little Italy community is an artistic and vibrant Italian influenced neighborhood. Residents in Little Italy enjoy local coffee shops and eateries. The homes in Little Italy contain many one to three bedroom condos, cottages, and homes. Learn More About Little Italy.
- Cortez Hill is an older part of downtown, with its tree lined, quiet streets. Cortez Hill is an elevated part of downtown, therefore, all the multi-bedroom homes and condos overlook all of San Diego.
- The Marina District is popular among tourists and potential resident’s because it is situated along the waterfront. The resident’s live in small, yet beautifully designed homes, along side of quaint cafes and eclectic shops.
Moving to Downtown San Diego is a choice many make to enjoy continual sunshine, a fun and active metropolitan area, luxury real estate, beautiful bay and exciting nightlife. Real estate in downtown San Diego consists of upscale, high rise condos, apartments, and townhomes that are mixed in with historic architectural landscapes. Downtown San Diego is comprised of eight unique community districts, each with its own eclectic mix of neighbors, businesses, activities, and an inviting atmosphere.
Downtown Schools and Education
Downtown San Diego is smaller than most communities in San Diego County, but it is packed with a number of schools and universities. The downtown San Diego community is served by a number of nationally, top rated public schools (12), private schools (9), preschools, technical colleges, community colleges, and within 20+ minutes of downtown, are the University of San Diego, San Diego State University, and the University of California.
Downtown San Diego Attractions:
Families visiting Downtown San Diego can enjoy day filled attractions, such as The New Children’s Museum, the San Diego Zoo, and the Embarcadero District. A lengthy boardwalk filled with food and fun are a part of the Embarcadero area, which is home to the Seaport Village, the Navy Pier, the Maritime Museum, and the USS Midway Museum. Perfectly landscaped parks and open areas surround the downtown San Diego Bay area, where families can picnic, take boat cruises, play sports, and take part in city-wide celebrations. Living in San Diego is an exciting and healthy environment.
Downtown San Diego is home to major league baseball, the San Diego Convention Center, the Balboa Theater, exciting and thriving neighborhoods with great dining, entertainment and cultural venues, and a booming tourism industry, along with a growing base of people who have discovered the exciting opportunities throughout downtown.
Downtown San Diego Image Gallery
[alpine-phototile-for-pinterest src=”board” uid=”sdconnection” board=”downtown-san-diego” imgl=”none” pinit=”1″ dlstyle=”medium” style=”cascade” col=”3″ size=”554″ num=”25″ highlight=”1″ curve=”1″ max=”100″]
Real Estate in Downtown San Diego
Downtown has undergone billions of dollars of new residential, commercial and public-infrastructure development in the past decade.
Condos For Sale Downtown San Diego
San Diego Downtown is a growing urban metropolitan area with a spectacular bayside location, panoramic views and romantic vistas towards the Coronado Islands, the Coronado Bridge and to the Pacific Ocean and beyond.
Recently SOLD Real Estate in Downtown San Diego, CA
Downtown San Diego Condos For Sale
Residential developments have taken off over the past 10 years and there are amazing condos for sale downtown San Diego. Currently home to more than 32,000 residents, the population could grow to over 90,000 residents by 2030. People from all over southern California, the entire country and the world flock to San Diego for the exceptional residential condos for sale in downtown San Diego. Others venture to San Diego for the business opportunities, the ideal waterfront setting, outstanding climate and breathtaking views.
Looking ahead toward future development is a very exciting component for Downtown San Diego; priority projects, lifestyle amenities, parks and open space, and a mile-long revitalization of the western waterfront are all part of the master-plan. The planned redevelopment calls for more than 50 acres of new parks and plazas to link residential areas, parks, neighborhood centers, and shopping promenades.
Properties in Downtown San Diego
The planned development delineates improved transit corridors and connections to Balboa Park and the waterfront. One of the most electrifying projects planned is the North Embarcadero Visionary Plan. This includes revamping the entire embarcadero from the USS Midway all the way up to the site of the US Coast Guard headquarters on the north end of the San Diego bay.
Unique restaurants, retail shops, housing including downtown San Diego condos for sale and commercial space continue to arise. Educational facilities, public safety and arts and culture are top priorities. San Diego’s urban core is a model of smart growth that puts live, work and play elements in one place. The area offers a wide array of condos for sale downtown San Diego at varying price points.
The Local Realty San Diego features condos for sale in Downtown San Diego by neighborhood, by building complex, or by just searching all properties by features.